Apache & Wackenhut

Well, due to a number of circumnstances, like my computer crashing and
apparently absolutely nothing happened in December at either of these
companies, here is as much as I can scrape together.  Happy New Year and
I'll see you all on Sunday.

Apache
January 5, 2000

Price:  33 9/16 (COB, Weds. Jan 9)

Research:
Strong Buy 14
Moderate Buy 8
Hold 5
Moderate Sell 0
Strong Sell 0

Clips:

Apache Declares Quarterly Cash Dividends
(How the other half lives - none of these are what we own.  Our dividend
should be declared on Jan. 31 N.)
HOUSTON, Dec. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of Apache declared
the regular quarterly dividends on Apache's Series B Cumulative Preferred
Stock and Series C Conversion Preferred Stock.
*	The dividend on the Series B preferred stock is payable Jan. 31,
2000, to holders of record on Jan. 15, 2000. The payment will be $14.20 per
share, which is equivalent to $1.42 per depositary share, each representing
1/10th of a share of Series B preferred stock. The Series B preferred is not
currently listed on any exchange.
*	The dividend on the Series C preferred stock is payable Feb. 15,
2000, to holders of record on Jan. 31, 2000. The payment will be $25.1875
per share, which is equivalent to $0.50375 per $2.015 depositary share, each
representing 1/50th of a share of Series C preferred stock. The $2.015
depositary shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol
APAPrC.
*	Apache Corporation is an independent oil and gas company with
operations in North America, Egypt, Western Australia, Poland and People's
Republic of China. Its common stock is traded on the New York and Chicago
stock exchanges.

Wackenhut Corrections

January 5, 2000
Price:  11 3/16 (COB, Weds. Jan 9)