    Title:  WACKENHUT CORRECTIONS CORP.
   Author:  THAYER, J.L.

 Subjects:  facilities management;  miscellaneous service
Companies:  wackenhut corrections corp.
SIC Codes:  7376; 8744
Elec. Col:  J2163075
       RN:  J2163075

Full Text: COPYRIGHT The Investext Group. 1996

SMALL CAP RESEARCH

Business Services Specialized Services

Wackenhut Corrections Company Update

Rating: STRONG BUY (High Risk)

* Wackenhut Corrections is going through a period of flat earnings...

* ...But the company is moving to improve substandard operations.

* We are maintaining our earnings estimates and our Strong-Buy rating.

*  WCC Appoints Regional Vice Presidents  PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla., July 6
/PRNewswire/ -- Wackenhut Corrections Corporation (NYSE: WHC - news; WCC)
announced the appointment of three regional vice presidents as the company
moves to strengthen its regional management concept for the U.S. portion of
its worldwide correctional services business.

II.  Report on Apache Corporation (APA) - July 23, 2000,
TO: HPD Investment Group
FR: Nancy Montague, For July meeting
1. (market price/share as of close of market, 7/21/00 - $48 11/16)
Shares owned: 22
Market value: $1071
Cost basis: $774 ($35.19/share, inc. commission)
Percent gain: 38%
2. . Research - 11 Strong Buy; 11 moderate buy; 4 hold

3. Press Headlines-
*  Apache rises after key appointment
By Carol Ramos, CBS MarketWatch Last Update: 3:46 PM ET Jul 11, 2000
HOUSTON (CBS.MW) -- Apache Corp. shares are up over 4 percent Tuesday after
the company announced it has named Mike Harris as worldwide director of
drilling.  The announcement adds that Harris was formerly with BP Amoco and
Exxon and has two decades of experience in the oil industry.  Apache (APA
*  Sunday July 16 11:45 AM ET -- E-Trading Forces Changes on Wall Street
By Stella Dawson  NEW YORK (Reuters) - Once seen as a mouse roaring at a
lion, electronic trading is forcing changes in how the titans of Wall Street
do business in the financial markets.  (APA cited as one company using
internet to trade oil field leases).

III.  Report on United Parcel Service (UPS)
July 23, 2000
TO:  HPD Investment Group
FR:  Nancy Montague
For  July meeting

1. (market price/share as of close of market, 7/21/00 - $59.5)
Shares owned: 32 @ Market price:   $1968  [purchased March 27]
Cost basis:    [ original price 63  ea] $2024 + $8 commission = $2032 =
$63.5 each
Percent loss:  - 6.3%

2. Research - 1 Strong Buy; 10 moderate buy   5 Hold

Earnings report:  UPS reported an 18% rise in profit, excluding one-time
items.  Net was $695 million, reversing a year earlier loss. Apparently this
wasn't as good as investors hoped, so the stock price didn't rise.  They are
fighting hard with FedEx and have been hurt by high fuel prices.