From: JP. Davidson [mailto:jpdavid67@home.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2000 10:20 AM
To: 'hpd@woodland.org'
Subject: Check out this month's BI

Hello

Our question about Cisco has been answered!  October's edition of Better
Investing
published a letter asking "Should our club's portfolio be sector
weighted?"  The response
basically states that unless you have something equal or better to put
the money into, let it
be (pgs 3 &4).

"NAIC's first three principles help you make money, the fourth
(diversification)  helps you keep it."
    - George Nicholson

Warnings: Home Depot takes the stage

Home Depot (HD) says fiscal third-quarter profit will miss forecasts
because
lower prices for lumber and other building materials hurt sales. Profit
in the
quarter ending Oct. 29 will be about 28 cents a share, a spokesman says.
The
company was expected to earn 31 cents, according to First Call/Thomson
Financial. Sales at stores open at least a year will rise about 4%, less
than
Home Depot's previous forecast for a gain of as much as 7%. Home Depot
shares fell $9.19 to $39.75 in Instinet trading.

   - USA Today 10-12-2K